Nearly 40 community members – representing local employers, teachers, school administration, and parents – came together on chilly January and February mornings to begin work on Northfield Promise’s latest action team – Career & College Readiness!
Co-chaired by Sonji Davis of Workforce Development, Inc. and Mark Ensrud of the Northfield High School Counseling Office, this team aims to develop an action plan that will enhance the community’s ability to support youth around two of the Northfield Promise benchmarks: Continue reading
When the calendar flips to 2016, Northfield Promise will roll out its next action team. This group will focus its work on two of the Northfield Promise benchmarks:
- Every youth will have interests, goals, & a vision for the future by the end of 8th grade
- Every youth will graduate from high school with a plan to reach his/her potential.
Community School Annual Report Released
The Greenvale Park Community School recently released its first Report to the Community, highlighting the results of the inaugural year of the effort. Available in English and Spanish, the report was mailed to all Greenvale Park families, as well as all homes within a mile of the school. Continue reading
Accelerate Northfield needs you! There are currently more than 200 unfilled slots for tutors in our local schools. For as little as an hour a week, you can make a difference in the life of a student who is struggling and needs just a little boost to improve his or her academic standing.
Accelerate Northfield trains and supports tutors to work with students in the local schools. Tutors pick the age of the student(s) they want to work with, the day/time they are available, and even the school they would like to volunteer at. If tutors need to take off (whether for work or travel or snowbirding!), that’s okay – Accelerate Northfield will work around your schedule! Continue reading
A key focus of the Northfield Promise initiative is to help close the academic achievement gap that exists in the community. One direct way you can help do this is by volunteering with the Accelerate Northfield program. Give as little as an hour a week to work directly with students who are struggling academically.
To learn more or to sign up, visit the Accelerate Northfield website.
A key to collective impact success is ensuring all partners remain informed/updated on the project. Northfield Promise seeks volunteers to help communicate between partners and promote the work of Northfield Promise in the Northfield community.
If you are interested in volunteering and sharing your communications or marketing expertise, call 507-664-3524 or email us at email@example.com.
Northfield Promise focuses on the whole child and all the experiences that help
children grow – not just their academic success. To help ALL of our children achieve
their full potential, we need everyone’s help.
Here are some ways you can help and get involved:
1. Read to and with your young children… every day!
2. Help your child with homework and participate in school events
3. Set achievable goals and expectations with your child
4. Participate on a Northfield Promise Action Team or contact Accelerate Northfield to tutor at a school
5. Ask for help when you need it
1. Provide internships, apprenticeships and job-shadowing opportunities for students
2. Share your career expertise with students or mentor students
3. Participate on a Northfield Promise Action Team
4. Encourage and allow employees to volunteer
1. Greet young people who you see on the street
2. Mentor a young person
3. Participate on a Northfield Promise Action Team or contact Accelerate Northfield to tutor at a school
4. Attend youth events
5. Donate books to early childhood programs
6. Have a conversation with a young person
WE NEED YOU!
To learn more or to get involved, please contact us 507-664-3524 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.